Moving Work Permit and Visa to Phuket

Question from a client: I am in the process of changing employer. I’ve had the same employer for the last 4 years and they are happy to work with my new employer to transfer my work permit and non-b visa over (if possible). I read somewhere before that it was, but can’t remember the steps involved. Something along the lines of having to cancel your non-b on a certain day, extend it for 7 etc. Could you explain how I should go about doing this? My new employer is based in Phuket and old one in Bangkok. I don’t know if this will make any difference. I’m in possession of my work permit from my old employer in Bangkok, and they haven’t canceled my non-b visa, which expires on the 18th of August, until I ask them to.

Sunbelt Asia Legal Advisors responds:
Since your Work Permit has yet to be cancelled, then it is advisable to add in the New Company to the Work Permit. Then cancel the old Visa and reapply for the New Visa in Phuket. Only then do you cancel the old Work Permit. This method allows for the whole process to be completed without leaving the Country.

Please however note that this all depends on the previous Employer being supportive and able to provide the termination letter at the appropriate time and date.

If the work permit is cancelled then you will have to cancel the visa and start the process from the beginning with the new employer.

Sunbelt Aisa Legal Advisors has in house team that can guide you through this whole process. Please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment to review the Work Permit and Visa and go over matters in more detail.

Leave a Comment