Amity Registration
US Amity Treaty – Own a Thai Company 100%
If you are a US Citizen, you can own a Thai company 100% under the US Treaty of Amity.
Working hand in hand with the US commercial department, Sunbelt will handle the complete application process for you. We are extremely experienced in setting up companies under the Amity Treaty. In fact, Sunbelt has performed more amity set-ups than all other firms in Thailand combined.

BOI Application
Thailand BOI Board of Investment Application
The Board of Investment (BOI) was set up to promote investment in Thailand by providing privileges to local companies or foreign entities planning on incorporating under Thai law that perform select activities. The range of activities and industries eligible for promotion include:

Company Formation
Sunbelt’s experienced advisors can help with all aspects of registering and operating a business in Thailand, making sure that you and your business are licensed, documented and fully legal in every way. We provide professional, accurate legal assistance at the lowest possible fees.

Retirement Visa
Sunbelt Legal Advisors will complete all the required paperwork and accompany you on your trip to Thai Immigration to insure the process is completed properly, and without additional costs or confusion.

Corporate Tax
Unless Thailand registered companies are entitled to reduced rates of corporate income tax because of specific reasons, they are subject to the standard rate of corporate income tax, as follows.

Foundation Establishment
The Royal Institute Dictionary B.E 2525 (Sixth Edition, B.E. 2539) defines the word “foundation” as “Assets specifically allocated with the objectives to support the public charity, religion, science, literature, education, or any other public interests. Foundation shall not seek for any interest to allocate for its members and the foundation must be a registered juristic person in accordance with the Commercial and Civil Code of Thailand”.

Import/Export Licence
If you want to import or export you will need an Import Export License (also called a Customs Card) which is valid for three years. The Gold smart card is for importers and exporters; the Licensed Custom Brokers get a Silver card, the Yellow smart card is for the owner or manager; the attorney-in-fact gets a green card and the customs clearance card is pink. A natural person is required to submit valid ID to Customs during the clearance procedures: a Thai ID for Thais or a passport for non-Thai residents. Sunbelt Asia has worked with a number of freight forwarders and are happy to refer one to you. However, if you like a challenge, as Thai customs have often been called a “Kingdom within a kingdom”, here are the procedures for both importing and exporting:

Thailand Representative Office

Representative office of a foreign corporation
A foreign entity may establish a representative office in Thailand to engage in limited non-revenue-earning activities. These activities are restricted to:

Trademark Registration
Thailand does not have any international agreements on trademark ownership. If your trademark is not registered in Thailand it is in danger of being claimed by another party. To regain control of your trademark after it has been registered by another person, is expensive and will take years, Even then you may lose your trademark in Thailand unless you register it before someone else.

Work Permit.
Any foreigner working in Thailand must obtain a Work Permit before beginning work. While a prospective employer may file an application on the foreigner’s behalf in advance of his starting work, the actual Work Permit will not be issued until the foreigner has entered Thailand in accordance with the immigration laws and has presented himself to receive his Work Permit.